advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

DebraL2019

I had anterior cervical disc fusion 4-7 one year ago.  My incision is on the right side of my neck.  I still can't sing and have swallowing problems and can't breathe if my chin is down.  The discomfort seems to be in the left side of my neck.  Which direction would they have moved my vocal chords and esophagus?    I feel like I have a lump or something above the adams apple on the left side when I swallow.   Has anyone else had this problem a whole year after surgery?  

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome DebraL2019 we’re glad you’re here!

We have a few members that have had similar experiences, hopefully they will see your post and share their experience with you, I had c4-c7 surgery myself, I was lucky and had no issues after the first couple of days.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read the article Practical Advice for Recovering from Back Surgery on Spine-health? It offers a lot of practical tips around what to expect before, during, and after surgery. You may also want to check out the video How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery, which also has some great tips.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.