advertisement
advertisement

I can't complain but I will

Reading some of your posts, my problems may sound low level .

back pain due to degenerative discs and spondylolisthesis l5/S1 grade 2 radiates to hip and lower after half an hour standing. I work 4 Hrs a day. It's getting harder to hide every day. Can't afford to quit job as I am old and barely employable. (62)

Lower leg issues such as plantar f./ Achilles Tendonitis/ tight calves/ peroneal tendonitis/  fat pad in heel degeneration.

Trigger finger  but only pain 2 or 3 times a week

Neck pain...wears me out recently. Can't do much loved swimming at the moment. Might be pinched nerve. Settles down a bit if I am very careful with posture. I've and heat help.

Chronic pain is exhausting. Takes me a couple of hours to prepare for work. If I really focus on diet and correct exercises and posture, life is not too bad. But motivation daily is a big problem. I've got neck pain now just texting this. As I am sure many of you have too. Thanks for reading.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome getbackjoejoe we’re glad you’re here!

Your problems do not sound low level to me in any way.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• charryccharry Posts: 220
    edited 07/18/2020 - 8:06 PM

do you see a Rheumatologist? Or a pain management Dr. for shots? I had to see those Drs to manage pain. 

Good for you to keep working though. Can you set your clothes out the night before? I guess it’s like working full time with your long day getting ready. 

• advertisement
  • Hi charry. no I don't see a rheumatologist. I had some injections for my back that didn't work.

This morning I got some cupping for my neck. Does seem to have helped a bit. Though I might get a massage tomorrow.

• I can relate to your pain right now. My sciatica has been pretty bad lately, especially standing. Now my neck is sore and the nerve compressed. I love to swim and fortunately have a small pool. I know how painful swimming can be for neck problems. I have been swimming with a soft cervical collar for years. Since my first pinched nerve. I still have to be careful but wearing the collar is the only way I can swim without making things worse. I also have a trigger finger and had a frozen thumb for months. Arthritis in the hands may not be as painful as the neck or back but the constant aching just makes things worse. I am doing alot of complaining now but I wanted you to know that I am in a very similar way and your post helped me. I hope this website will help you as well. Everyone here understands daily pain. Feel better, Nancyann 

• joejoe -

You can complain, and you should. This is the place for it. We all do it.  :#

Supportively, 

Mike

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.