advertisement
advertisement

Cervical whiplash

Good day,

Over 2 months ago, I had a cervical whiplash due to an incorrect position. After few days , i woke up with stiff neck and ringing in the ears. Few doctors diagnosed me with  discopathy and panic attacks, I took medication but there was no change. 

I didnt feel satisfied, because i felt there was nothing wrong with my midstate and felt everything was physiologic. One doctor diagnosed me with Arnold neuralgia. I made kinetotherapy and relieved 90% of my head pain and tinnitus ( i guess i had a nerve pinched ). After few days, I started to do exercices for neck muscles. My tinnitus came back and my upper neck became very tense.

I went again to neurologist and told me that I have an incorrect position and i hear the tinnitus due to anxiety. 

Now I am about to finish my medication and feeling almost no change. If I lay on my back and do slight moves with the neck. My upper neck loses his tension and my tinnitus reduces. If i sit up, they get worse. If i go for a walk, becomes awful. I feel my c1 vertebra very tense.

My mri shows a minimum thickening of horizontal component of cruciform ligament in the lateral side of atlas insertion (sorry

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome alekx92 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Neck Pain Health Center on Spine-health? It has a comprehensive list of neck pain articles you might find helpful, including Common Causes of Neck Pain, Home Remedies for Neck Pain and Dizziness, and How to Treat a Stiff Neck.  

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• (sorry if my translation is bad).

Thank you, @challenger, your website helped me a lot.

If you have any questions, i can provide more details.

Thank you a lot!

• advertisement
  • Do you have a firm diagnosis? At times we have to seek out a second or even third opinion

Chip

• alekx92aalekx92 Posts: 5
    edited 07/19/2020 - 12:05 PM

No, now I am taking some antiinflamatoary and anxiety pills. Somehow I am in a big doubt about the second. All I do all the day, since my whiplash, 2 months ago is to relax. I can not even hang out because my pain and tinnitus become stronger. I am 28 years old and I really can say nothing else in my life can pull me in anxiety. When the whiplash happened I waited few days to cure by itself. When I started to go to doctors they gave me same cure. Somehow the neurologists in my country didnt heard about pinched nerve in the neck, so I had to do my own research.

I stayed with that nerve piched over one month. Is it possible to have another nerve pinched? That nerve to suffer some damage? To develop muscular problems? Some over sensitivity in that area? I have no ideas...

• There are no medical professionals here, but from my experience a pinched nerve can cause all kinds of issues and if it stays pinched long enough can cause serious issues. If I were in your shoes I would be going back to the doctor and tell them that what they are doing is not working, there are other test that can be done to check for nerve compression.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • Hi Alekx,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with this especially at a younger age. Did your MRI show and degenerative disc or stenosis? Based on what you are saying I would consider giving physiotherapy a shot. I know it helped me tremendously when I first injured myself back in 2016. Another thing you could try would be massage therapy to help loosen up your neck muscles. Lastly which has been my best friend since having my surgery is ice and heat.  As Challenger stated no on here are doctors but we can offer some possible solutions to help with the pain and tightness.  And as stated before follow up with your doctor in regards to your ongoing symptoms. All the best.

edited 07/22/2020 - 6:22 AM

Well, last night I found something at least. 

It was midnight, hard to fall asleep even with pills and i felt my neck muscles very tense. At 3 am, I went to make a hot shower to relax. My subboccipital muscles started to swell and it was so painful and my tinnitus so loud. I ll attach a photo. Did anyone had this? 

With purple are the swellings.

(I know I dont look very well :) )

https://ibb.co/3dcbzHP

• Hot showers feel really good but actually increase inflammation according to my doctor, he suggest ice packs.

Chip

edited 07/22/2020 - 12:07 PM

Well, today I became crazy. I called my physician which helped me with Arnold neuralgia. She made me some injection with local anesthesic and alflutop (Some fish extract) in trapezius, in my swellings. My left side is better, my right side like new. 

As I understand, something wrong happened with my muscle's gamma reflexes due to prolonged contractions (due to pain). And this is very bad. I ued to strech them and few moment later they will become stiff again. Somehow trapezius was causing to me another Arnold neuralgia.

I ll keep you updated. I feel optimistic again.

God, I hope my post will help somebody else in one day.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.