advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

L5S1 twisting my body!

I have had sciatica on and off for 15 years. In January this year (without actually doing any particular thing) was left with terrible pain in my left glut, down my leg, radiating knee and calf muscle felt like someone was twisting it! Over the last few months I have tried most things to improve my condition and the pain has improves a lot. Still have pain in my hip/glut, can’t stretch my leg out straight and can’t bend properly...just pulls in that hip area. 

More recently, I have noticed that my whole body is shifting/leaning to the right (Opposite side of my L5S1 herniation). I am now getting some drastic lower back pain on the right side and soreness and numbness in my right knee and shin (the feeling is different to the Sciatic nerve pain feeling) 

My question is, has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do to elevate this ‘body tilt’ from happening?

Thank you. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

Welcome Smolz to the forum!

From my experience with dealing with left side sciatica, I find myself leaning to compensate for the pain. Then it makes you walk different and effects your back. But for you to know exactly what is going on, you need to see your doctor and have diagnostic testing to make sure this is what it is.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Also, you should take a look at the Sciatica Health Center on Spine-health. It has a number of informative articles and videos about common causes and treatment options for sciatica; from first aid tips to stretches you can perform to relieve painful sciatica symptoms. It’s a very helpful resource for those with sciatica.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.