advertisement
advertisement

back and nerve pain relapse

I had spinal fusion surgery (L4-L5) in 2017 that took away all back and nerve pain.  Two months ago I moved some boxes and my pain came back almost as bad as it was pre surgery.  It gradually decreased after I went on a loa.  Now it doesn't hurt during the day but each night my back kills and I have nerve tingling and pain in my legs.  I'm scared I'll need another operation.  I'm going for an MRI in 10 days.  Anyone have this experience of complete healing then symptoms returning after a few years?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,554

Welcome dianea to the forum!

I am glad to hear you are going for a MRI, to me, that is the best thing to do. It could be a number of things but this way you will know for sure.  I also had lumbar surgery, five years later the disc herniated again, causing the same symptoms. Get it checked out.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Thanks so much! I will check  everything out.  I am in the dark here so I need all the help I can get.  I am hoping the MRI will show something.  I'm nervous it will show a minor issue-not enough for my dr to take my symptoms seriously.  I believe in  treating symptoms no matter what the pictures show.

• advertisement
  • There are a lot of possibilities as to what is causing your pain, the MRI should give you and your doctor a much clearer picture of what's going on, hopefully it will be a minor problem that can be taken care of without more surgery.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• Thanks Chip. I will.  Nervous I won't be able to go back to my job-which I love-took a long time to find one I love!

Giselle ( dianea is my middle name )

• I have the first time did require a higher surgery cause I injured it when I feel. I am going wed for another MRI after an lifting something to heavy and being less then a year out hardware removal surgery. I am having significant pain the er just did trigger point injections which really help. I am having an appointment Monday to see up about epidural injections and nerve injections. Gabapentine helped with my nerve pain 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.