advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Took a financial break from pain management for 5 months

Hello all. I pray everyone is as well as they can be. I have taken a break from pain management for the past four or five months. I have been miserable the entire time, however I am managing to push my way thru every day. I took the break due to the fact that I was seeing a surgeon, getting a myleogram, had physical therapy, and received two spinal injections from the surgeon's office. My diagnosis from the surgeon is sacroiliac dysfunction caused by my four level fusion in 2016. Having gone thru all of this was very expensive (even with my insurance). I am now wanting to go back and begin pain management once again. Do you think I will suffer any repercussions at my PM if I make an appointment? Did I do anything wrong that I might be chastized for? I thank you all in advance.

Chris

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

Chris

Great to hear from you again! I don't see anything wrong with seeing another doctor to try to help with your pain. If your PM does see it as a problem, then to me he has a problem. I think once you explain what has been going on, and what you have found out, maybe he can help you more. Explain to him that you also had to take a break because of financial reasons. 

Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sandra

• AS always Sandra... You are my Angelic voice of reason. Thank you.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

Awww!! Thanks Chris! I've been wondering how you have been doing. Let us know how it goes.
    Sandra

• Chanright - it hurts my heart to read posts like this. Those who are in "legitimate" pain have been so unfairly impacted by those who are trying to "game the system". It's not right that you should ALSO have to deal with mental anguish worrying about repercussions and being chastised because you took a break. Prayers being sent your way.

~Sandi

• Thank you Sandra and Sandi. 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.