advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

What to do about fusion pain

I had l4-s1 fusion in February 2015 I did good at first but fell so in march 2017 I had l5- s1 fused with bigger screws. I had the screws removed in October 2019. I am 35 yrs old. I had work my way down to mostly tramadol 100mg every 6 hours. I fells and had to move up to oxycodone 10mg. I lifted something to heavy and no feel like I need to move up to a higher dose. I went from 30mg oxycodone to 100mg tramadol. I don't want to have to move up any more. What if anything has anyone tried that worked

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,713

Welcome repeat85 to the forum!

If I were you, I would talk to my doctor about the pain and what could be causing it. It could be nerve pain or spine pain, which would take different types of meds.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I would see the doctor to find out the cause of your pain, if it's nerve pain there are nerve specific medications to help control it,

Chip

• advertisement
  • I have an MRI wed and talk to the pain management doctor a about injections

• That's good, I hope you can get some answers and a treatment plan

Chip

• Thank you I feel a lot better since the hardware was removed. I know I irritated it when I lifted something to heavy a few days ago. I am nervous for the MRI cause everyone has led to surgery.

• advertisement
  • Try not to stress while waiting, I know that's hard but it will only make things worse.

I have had similar situations over the years and it turned out to be inflammation which resolved after a little time and some anti inflammatories, I hope that's the case for you.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• Thank you I have dine epidural steroid injections several years before the 1st surgery and it worked for a year so I am hoping to get the same results. I am also going to ask about the nerve injections he does.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.