advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Pain in my left arm

For the last several months but I’ve had a pain in my left arm that comes and goes. It initially started as a pain in my back between my shoulder blades and my upper left arm. It wasn’t really a pain but felt like someone had rubbed icy hot on my skin. My doctor put me on gabapentin which seems to do the trick but after about a month she said to stop taking it and see how I felt. On days when I don’t take it I sometimes get full on throbbing and sharp pain in my entire left arm. Today when it came on it was particularly bad and I also had terrible indigestion at the same time. It’s starting to make me worry. Anyone else ever experienced something like this?

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome klu1021 we’re glad you’re here!

If it were me, I would want diagnostic testing of my cervical area, I had pain very similar to that and it ended up being herniated disc that required surgery.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Neck Pain Health Center on Spine-health? It has a comprehensive list of neck pain articles you might find helpful, including Common Causes of Neck Pain, Home Remedies for Neck Pain and Dizziness, and How to Treat a Stiff Neck.  

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• klu1021 -  Have you had any imaging performed of either you neck, shoulder or arm?  With my right shoulder and arm sharp pain, imaging finally identified some issues.  Every case is different, but it might be worth asking your doctor about some imaging.  The underlying cause could be one of several topics.  From what you report, you have had this pain off and on for several months. 

• advertisement

• If it were me with indigestion and left arm pain and mid back burn I would go to ER. You know we can’t give medical advice but if it was me with new symptoms like indigestion and left arm pain. 

• I went to my doctor this morning. She did an ekg and it showed some changes from the last one that i had done so she thinks it could be cardiac related :( I'm going to see the cardiologist tomorrow. Hoping that's not it and the ekg just had bad connections or something. I guess it's better to find out though so if there is something wrong i can find out now and hopefully do something to fix it. I've always had terrible indigestion. It was just weird that it occurred at the same time as the arm pain. I'm hoping that it was just a coincidence.

• Glad you are getting checked out, I almost waited too long in June, I had been having symptoms of arm pain and indigestion and kept putting it off, it ended up with a heart attack and catherization.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • Yes I would go to ER if it happens before you see Cardiologist

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.