advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Disk pain without sciatica

I have a minimal disk bulge l4/5 (2mm)

2 docs say no surgery but the last 18 months have been unbearable...I have had some  success with steroid injections but the  flares up come so quick and put me on my back for 24 hours. Flare up of horrible sharp nerve electrical pain that stays localized in the left lower back.  Never travels to leg!

I can’t bend over to quick or sit in a chair below a 90 degree angle because if I stand to quick the disk contracts slowly then I get the horrible electricity of pain.its almost as if it’s slipping in and out...

I’m 57 female with a long history of weight lifting  but never unsafe stuff, just repetitive motions over 30 years.

Disk slipped after trying to catch a falling 300lb pound TV ten years ago ... Doc said I had arthritis and soft tissue injury because the 2mm bludge could not be causing me the shocking nerve pain that came and went 10 years ago as I continued to left and exercise relatively pain-free but with mild  flareups that could be managed with a belt and ice pack... 

It was Dec 2018 that I leaned wrong twice in the morning that caused my back to light up like 5 electric knifes ran across my lower back..absolutely worst pain ever... another MRI showed same 2 mm bulge and I’ve not ever been able to return to the gym as I have suffered greatly these last 18 months.

If I had the leg pain things would be clearer but I don’t and never had so docs just say maybe A herniation and could take up to three years to heal.

Has anyone else had this localized nerve pain ? 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome parker100 we’re glad you’re here!

If it were me, I would get another opinion and more testing, before you go, write everything down, where the pain is, what makes it better or worse and so on, pain that bad has a cause and another set of eyes may see something different.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Here’s a great article about back pain on Spine-health that you might want to check out: Back Pain Overview: A Guide for Understanding Back Pain. The article outlines common lower back pain causes, symptoms, and treatments. It’s a very comprehensive article. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,697

I agree with Chip, I would get another opinion with diagnostic testing. And also with writing everything down. I have done that for years and it helps give your doctor a better direction to go in.

God luck and keep us posted
    Sandra

• advertisement
  • Decided to see neurosurgeon and getting new mri this week , seeing the doc in a month.

The hitch is I pass all mobility tests for herniation and SI dysfunction. I have scoured the internet searching for localized unrelenting  nerve pain in lower lumbar. Nerve pain so quick that I’m on crutches for 2 days cause walking hits that nerve as well as the slightest twist  of the torso. raising my arms just about the l4/5 causes a stab of a nerve .My dog pulls her leash and I get a stab of nerve jolt. Looking down at my phone I’ll get a jolt on that nerve.

Then after 10 days it withers away but it’s still there, waiting for just one trip ,slip on the floor or tie the shoe to quick then it’s back to crutches, bed etc etc,

I’ll post after I see this new doc. He will be the 4th opinion. 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.