advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Back pain with nothing for pain

I switched from the doctor prescribing my pain meds after surgery to have hardware removed from l5 s1 to the pain management doctor. My appointment with the pain management doctor is in a couple hours. He request I be on no pain meds prescribed by any other doctor which I understand bit I have had some rough days. 3 days ago I ended up in the er and they did trigger point injections which helped. I have been doing advil voulteren gel and meloxicam for pain but want epidural steroid injections and know I probably have to be off anything that may thin the blood but am finding it hard. I have literally been awake since 1 am after going to bed after 10pm and its 6 am now. Any ideas on pain help with out pain meds of blood thinning drugs. Any help with be greatly appreciated. 

advertisement

Comments

• Ice packs help me a lot, they are temporary but help

Chip

• Awesome I will try that. I have an appointment Thursday for trigger point injections again 

• advertisement
  • I hope the injections help, I have had a bunch of them, some with really good success and others that didn't do much, but you never know until you try.

Chip

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,711

repeat85

I'm just checking in with you to see how the trigger point injections went. I have had these too so I really hope they help you out.

Sandra

• I had the trigger point injections today. They did 6 shots 3 on each side of the scar I feel great. I also got the results of my MRI everything looked great no narrowing of the canals where the surgery was everything up higher looks good and the herniated disc I had in the thoracic spine has gotten smaller. She said she sees no need for surgery. She also doesn't believe there is any reason to do any more invasive injections. She said I can do more trigger point injections and along with the numbing med they can do a steroid with it to help it last. 
  • advertisement
  • That's great news

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,711

repeat85

Thank you so much for the update! I am so glad you finally got relief and no surgery!! Just don't overdo!!

Take care
    Sandra

• I am being very careful

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.