advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

C1 C2 fusion in ‘97.... new problem now?

Hi all... first timer here. 

I had a fusion in ‘97 due to lack of odontoid process. For the past week I’ve had this super weird feeing in the entire left side of my body - head to toe. And it’s getting worse. I thought it could be cardio related and went to ER Saturday night. Ekg/troponin test all ok. Diagnosed with heart palpations and follow up with primary care. 

Saw primary care today. He feels very strongly that this feeling i have is coming from cervical area and wants me to see neurosurgeon asap. I’m shaken up.... this was the furthest thing from my mind. 

I have a few questions and hoping someone- anyone- could relate to any of this.  I have had a ct mylogram (sp?) years ago and would give my left and right leg to NOT have that done again!!! Injecting a ton of dye into lumbar region was horrendous!!!  One question i have is... i am not sure what type of metal is in my neck. Does anyone know what they were using back then? Has technology improved and there may be a new way to get images now as opposed to that barbaric test i had? Sorry to dump a lot in one sitting... feeling scared and have so many questions. Thank you 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome klmsterb we’re glad you’re here!

I don't have any idea if your hardware is MRI compatable or not, my hardware is, but my surgery was several years after yours, I will say that mylograms have come a long way, I had my first one around 1987 and my last one a little over a year ago, the process is not nearly as bad as it used to be, not saying it's fun, but not as bad as the early ones.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Neck Pain Health Center on Spine-health? It has a comprehensive list of neck pain articles you might find helpful, including Common Causes of Neck Pain, Home Remedies for Neck Pain and Dizziness, and How to Treat a Stiff Neck.  

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• klmsterb - I totally agree with Chip.  My second CT Myelogram performed in 2016 as a "piece of cake" compared to my first one in 1997.  The dye material is different, so they can use a lot smaller bore needle, plus the CT Scanner time was only a couple of minutes as compared to 1997 when I had to spend over an hour in the CT Scanner.  

I had requested an interventional radiologist that was "good" at doing Myelograms.  I also think they have improved the sedation medication used for the procedure.

• advertisement
  • Thanks!!  Working with pcp and neurosurgeon and now they think this is cardio related. That was my first gut reaction when it started. 

I am happy to have found this group! 

• Advocate for yourself and keep pursuing to identify the underlying cause(s) of your symptoms.  Please keep use updated.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.