advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Herniated disc

Im in so much pain in bed for how many weeks my life has just stopped, the pain is taking over my life. Feel like i cant live like this any longer and no one around me understands, does anyone feel this low because of the pain? 

advertisement

Comments

• We have all been there, I wish I could tell you how to deal with it but we all have to find out what works for us.

I don't know what if any medications you have for the time being, but if they are not working don't be shy, get on the phone and talk to the doctor that is treating you, if it's nerve pain, there are specific medications for that, there are also stronger pain medications out there, just remember that sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to doctors, ice packs also help me quite a bit.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• I have phoned so many times im on strong medications im taking like 23 tablets a day. They told me my injection would be in 4-5 weeks when i was discharged from hospital but im stil waiting. 2 months down the line i feel hopeless i cant take this pain anymore i feel isolated and depressed. This is no quality of life honestly :( 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,730

Has your doctor given you anything for inflammation such as Prednisone or a Medrol pack? That will help calm the nerves down until you can get an injection. I have taken these before and they really do help me.

• All they have given me naprozen, pregablin, amatriptiline, morphene and none of it helps. I have also tried a tens machine it made me feel worse. Honestly i just dont know how to cope anymore

• charryccharry Posts: 268
    edited 09/09/2020 - 7:26 PM

I would keep calling the pain clinic for the injections steroid injection helps me with nerve ablation as well. Keep calling them. I mean here they do the injections as it’s a semi urgent status it’s called no matter how much covid they have to help with pain.

But you know Shay I’ve been feeling rough as well. Don’t forget the moist heat or rice pack 15 minutes on your back 15-20 minutes for the muscle spasms and alternate ice after walking around for inflammation. My Dr just ordered that for me and Baclofen. 

We just have to encourage each other. Charry

PS There are distress lines you can call and don’t know your beliefs but I call the prayer line sometimes.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.