advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Chronic back pain with hardware in spine.

Hi, I’m new here. I don’t have computer skills but will try my best. I’ve had back pain since 1998 & started on pain meds in 2005. I’ve also had 3 back surgeries and had an X-Lift hardware put in my lower spine. Pain management is not managing my pain. I also have IBS-C since 1990 & the pain meds have made the constipation unbearable. I’m 74 years old. I miserable. Thank You. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Miss-Wolfe we’re glad you’re here!

I am sorry that you are in so much pain, if the pain doctor is not listening and helping it may be time to look for another doctor

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

Miss_Wolf

I agree, if your PM doctor is not controlling your pain, I would be looking for another one. I am about your age and in pain management too. When my pain gets bad, my doctor and I have a talk about it and come up with another plan. You should always be able to talk to your doctor.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.