advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Lumbar MRI Results

Hi everyone,

I am writing concerning my father who recently had a MRI on his back because of severe degenerative disc disease.  He has not talked to the doctor yet regarding the results but here are what the results said.  Can anyone help explain these results in any way?  His doctor is suggesting a pain stimulator for his pain.

FINDINGS: Alignment: 6 mm anterolisthesis of L5 on S1. Slight retrolisthesis of L3 on L4.Vertebrae: No marrow signal abnormalities to suggest neoplasm. T2/FLAIR hyperintensity associated with the endplates at L5-S1 are favored to be inflammatory reaction to chronic degenerative change. Significant chronic degenerative lumbar disc height loss.Conus: In normal position without imaging evidence for tethering. Normal signal and contour. T12-L1: Posterior disc bulge and facet hypertrophy with resulting mild bilateral foraminal stenosis and without significant central canal stenosis.L1-L2: Posterior disc osteophyte complex, ligamentum flavum thickening, and facet hypertrophy contribute to mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis.L2-L3: Posterior disc osteophyte complex, ligamentum flavum thickening, and facet hypertrophy contribute to moderate left and mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis.L3-L4: Posterior disc osteophyte complex, ligamentum flavum thickening, facet hypertrophy, and retrolisthesis contribute to advanced left and mild-to-moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis.L4-L5: Posterior disc osteophyte complex, ligamentum flavum thickening, and facet hypertrophy contribute to advanced right and moderate left foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis.L5-S1: Posterior disc osteophyte complex with disc protrusion into the caudal aspect of bilateral foraminal stenosis, along with facet hypertrophy result in high-grade bilateral foraminal stenosis and without significant central canal stenosis. Status post bilateral laminectomy.Upper sacrum/ilium: No significant focal abnormality.Additional findings: Small T2 hyperintensity in the left kidney, likely benign cyst. CONCLUSION: Chronic findings, as reported, have the following results: At T12-L1 there is mild bilateral foraminal stenosis; At L1-2 there are mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis; At L2-3 there are moderate left and mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis; At L3-4 there are advanced left and mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis; At L4-5 there are advanced right and moderate left foraminal stenosis and mild central canal stenosis; At L5-S1 there is high-grade bilateral foraminal stenosis.
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

Welcome Wildlife101 to the forum.

Per our Code of Conduct, Rule #4.04, Do not ask Forum members for medical advice, medical analysis or the interpretation of diagnostic tests. You should never ask anyone, other than your doctor, for opinions on test results. 

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our comprehensive Degenerative Disc Disease Health Center on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of informative articles about DDD, including Causes of Degenerative Disc Disease Pain and Degenerative Disc Disease Treatments. It’s a great resource for those seeking more information about Degenerative Disc Disease. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Thank you @memerainbolt.  I will keep that in mind, should've read the rules first!

• advertisement
  • MRI reports can be scary, I have had many and have gotten to the point that I don't even look at the results anymore, I would look at the report and say well this is wrong, when I got to the doctor he would look at it and explain that that was no big deal and wasn't causing my pain.

I had a stimulator for several years and had good success with it, unfortunately it stopped working after a surgery and was removed, I wish I still had it.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.