advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Defective "Medronic Spine Stimulator"??

Hello All:  My name is Chad and I just went through my 15th spine surgery. I had a Medtronic spine stim installed in my leftside back on March 20, '18.  When I awoke from surgery, my body was flopping like a fish and out of control.  They shot me up with Diazapam and sent me home.  For over 550 days, the device was pouring at least 3.3% of the battery into my body, bypassing the leads and going right into my kidney and stomach area all the way up to the base of my skull (max 10%/day 4x) while being shut off, settings at 0.00 and the battery removed.  It took 30 days for the battery to go dead after my last full charge. Has anyone else out there had this happen to them?  They (medtronics) just sent me a form letter claiming "Operational/Functional"??  I still have super odd taste buds, smell ozone 24/7 and my eyes burn like crazy.  What type of private lab should I be looking for to retest the device once I get it back this week?  My Dr. looked me straight in the eyes and said "It's impossible for this device to be defective, Chad...The pain is in your head" and walked out...I had just been released from the ER for the 2x in 8 days.  (Edit)is scary!!!  Can anyone out there help me in any way, shape or form?  Just so exhausted :(

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

Welcome Chad to the forum!!

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Have you thought about having it removed? I had a SCS several years ago and had to have it removed because they could not get the pain under control. The doctor was not happy about my decision but I insisted. After that, I changed pain management doctors.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information on Spine-health.comArthritis-health.comSports-health.comPain-health.com. All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.