advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Help I fractured my Sacrum!

After 31/2 painful weeks, I got my MRI results back and I have a fracture in my Sacrum. It is causing nerve impingement on S1 nerve root.

The pain is bad.

My orthopedic Dr. prescribed nothing but pain med, rest, and I can only bear half weight on left leg using a walker for three weeks.

It is the kind of fracture that does not require surgery and should heal on its own

I luckily work from home but sit all day at a desk. It is hard- I hurt all day in back and left leg and am wore out by the end of the day.

Should I be sitting a certain way? Sleeping a certain way? I can’t help but to feel my weight is crushing my poor sacrum even more, but the Dr. did not seem to think I needed to do anything differently other than not putting all my weight on left leg when walking.

He did say to take calcium and vit. D,

I have osteoarthritis and Psoriatric arthritis and just had my second knee replacement in May. I hurt my back the last day of PT for my knee replacement.

I can’t win! Any advise or suggestions appreciated!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,712

Honey001

Ouch!! But about all you can do is rest, use ice packs and heat, and let it heal on it's own. Go to the search box at the top right of the page and key in fractured sacrum, scroll down past the ads, and there are several articles that will give you more information.

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

Sign In or Join Us to comment.