advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Adhesive Arachnoiditis

curious to see if other members have been diagnosed with Adhesive Arachnoiditis. This showed up on my latest MRI in the L3 L4 area of my spine. There is no surgical option for it. Anyone out there with it and if so any suggestions for medication or PT that helps.

Dick

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

I have never heard of this. I looked up the definition in case other members need to know too.

Adhesive arachnoiditis is a relatively uncommon chronic pathological disorder, characterised by an inflammatory insult to the arachnoid layer of the meninges that leads to fibrosis. As a sequel, the arachnoid becomes abnormally thick and adherent to the surrounding layers of pia and dura mater.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Sandra

• The surgeon believes  it was caused from a spinal infection I had back in 2006 that destroyed my spine. The AA causes intense pain and profound leg weakness when it strikes.

Dick

• advertisement

What has your doctor offered to control the pain? 

• The surgeon said there was nothing he could do so my pcp continues with Oxycodone, 10mgs x 4, 600 mgs x 4 and added one dose of Cymbalta 30 mgs. It all works well until a flare up and then nothing works. Sitting and standing are excruciating. Laying down or being fully reclined are tolerable. I must remain guarded at all times which we all know how draining that can be. When it flares it can last a day, week or month and I can go several months without any flairs. I’m 71 and too old for this.

Dick

Dick

I am so sorry. I know how you feel, I will be 72 next month and in constant pain. I keep telling my doctor the same thing, I am too old for this. 

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.