advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

85 yr old super Dad!

In past 4 months, 85 yr old dad had 3 kyphoplasty procedures for L1/L2/L3/L4/L5 fractures (severe osteoporosis). Didn’t want him on injections (side effects), he’s on good supplements. Needs relief for moderate pain-would PT benefit him? What kind? Afraid it’ll do more harm than good!

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Lulu18 we’re glad you’re here!

A good physical therapist can work wonders, if it were me I would ask the doctor if he recommends PT and if so get with the therapist that he works with, the two of them can design a plan for your dad.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Here’s a great article about back pain on Spine-health that you might want to check out: Back Pain Overview: A Guide for Understanding Back Pain. The article outlines common lower back pain causessymptoms, and treatments. It’s a very comprehensive article. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,711

I agree, PT can really help him get mobile again. As Chip said, get with his doctor for a good recommendation.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.