advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome

My husband had a single level fusion in May that was quite successful, but at post op he was diagnosed with this hideous disease.  When I google it I get so scared. Luckily, it's early and treatment may be able to reverse it. He had his first nerve block yesterday and got a little bit of relief but the top of his foot feels like it is on fire.  Dropping a tissue  on it makes him wince, so sox, slippers or a bedsheet are a challenge.  He doesn't leave the house, any walking or standing leaves his legs numb.  Does anyone have any experience with this????

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome chonna we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you read through our Chronic Pain Resources on Spine-health? You’ll find a number of valuable Chronic Pain Coping Techniques and resources for Understanding Neuropathy Symptoms. It’s a comprehensive resource for those seeking more information about chronic pain. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

chonna

I am so sorry your husband is having to go through this. Since this may involve abnormal inflammation or nerve dysfunction, treatment usually consists of medications, heat or cold therapy or physical therapy. Hopefully, with the treatments, he will be able to find relief.

Sandra

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.