advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

What to Expect After I Discontinue Collar Use

I broke my neck (C1 fracture) and have been wearing a Miami J collar for the past 12 weeks and expect that my doctor will tell me I no longer need to wear the collar at my appointment next week. I have been wearing the collar 24/7 since breaking it and was wondering how I can expect to feel after I stop wearing my collar. How long does it take to resume normal activities and exercise? What pain and/or soreness should I expect? Should I invest in a soft collar or other medical device to help with the transition? I would love to hear about any one else's experience. Thank you. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome ABJ we’re glad you’re here!

I am not the best one to answer your question, but I will give you my experience after I had ACDF surgery, I only wore a soft collar and didn't wear it a whole lot, but my neck muscles were weak and it required PT to get me back up and moving.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Neck Pain Health Center on Spine-health? It has a comprehensive list of neck pain articles you might find helpful, including Common Causes of Neck PainHome Remedies for Neck Pain and Dizziness, and How to Treat a Stiff Neck.  

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.