advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

L5-S1 Disc Herniation/Possible Nerve Sheath Tumor

Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has been thru similar issues that I am having. I am a 28 yo male who has been pretty active throughout my life, i.e working out, hockey, mma, etc. however, i was juts diagnosed with a herniated disc between L5-S1 with leaking fluid off to the left side of S1-S2. I have taken both an MRI and contrast MRI, initial results showed a possible nerve sheath tumor but after speaking with a neurosurgeon, he believes it is just a herniated disc with leaking fluid. I am hopeful that is the case, but I have a final MRI in November 3 months out, to take a 2nd look and determine. For now i am prescribed 3 months of PT and to not do any sports or extreme activity in that time.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had this same injury before and could give me some info on it. I will also happily share the MRI results with anyone specialized on here.

Also one more thing to note, not sure if it makes a difference or not, I do have mild scoliosis, it is a 5% grade curve with the bottom of my spine more on the left side, as if you were making a backwards C with your right hand.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help!!

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome ZRM1 we’re glad you’re here!

According to my surgeon, when a disc herniates or ruptures the jelly like substance inside of the disc leaks out, if left in that state long enough it will calcify, I have had several herniated disc in the past and a couple now, when the jelly like substance makes contact with the nerves that's when the real problems start. I hope things work out well for you.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Herniated Disc Health Center on Spine-health? It has a number of comprehensive articles and videos that you might find helpful, including common causes of a herniated disc, symptoms, and treatment options. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.