advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Racz Catheter Epidural Adhesiolysis Procedure

I've had so many procedures on my lower back that I've lost count, up to and including spinal cord stimulation , which didn't work.

My consultant has proposed the above procedure and I wondered if anyone else had had this done?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,711

Like you, I have had so many procedures done but not this one. I know this treats scarring in the epidural space. Is that why he is recommending this procedure?

Sandra

• The background is that I had a discectomy 10 years ago and in recent years lower back pain level has continued to increase. I've had nerve  denervation and a spinal cord stimulation trial but nothing helped at all. As a result my consultant believed that scar tissue was the problem and suggested the Racz catheter route and this was carried this morning. At the moment I am rather sore, not surprisingly, and I wait to see the result. The consultant was very confident of success after this was carried out.

I hope this helps but if you need any further details please let me know.

• advertisement

Hopefully this procedure will give you some relief. Let us know how you are doing.

Sandra

• Well although I'm a bit sore round the injection point the pain reduction overall is outstanding. I would never have believed it possible and this is after only three days. Hope this is of some use to you.

Thank you!! Hopefully this will help a lot of members. I am so glad you got that much relief.

Sandra

• advertisement
  • If you're in pain Sandra then I wish you well for the future.

Michael

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.