advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Back pain moves around

Hi all,

My back is stiff and sometimes sore, but the pain seems to "move around" somehow.  So, for instance, I had a spot on my right side at the lower part of my ribcage that was sore, and I kept stretching and massaging it.  At some point, that kind of "released" but then my left shoulder blade started hurting!  And now I'm noticing some tightness in my left hip.

I think I have some compensatory issues going on.  I'm able to stay active, lift weights, and generally do what I want, but I haven't quite figured out how to "cure" this issue.  Basically, I just work around it, try to stretch frequently, massage the sore areas, and so on.  I'm perfectly functional, I'm just a bit uncomfortable and really can't understand why my back pain is moving around to different locations.

My best guess is that different muscles are trying to maintain my spinal alignment and when I manage to release one spot, another spot tightens up.  Does that sound right?  If so, is there a way to deal with this all at once, or am I stuck just chasing each issue as it arises?  

I do get frequent chiropractic adjustments, and they help, fwiw.  

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

Welcome i82much to the forum.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Here’s a great article about back pain on Spine-health that you might want to check out: Back Pain Overview: A Guide for Understanding Back Pain. It’s a very comprehensive article. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.