advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

thanks to all

my origanel post was my journey after my fussion fron t9 to s2. now that this forums is moving I wanted to say thanks for the opportunity to post here. but most of all I want to thank everyone here who read my post and made commits. you gave me the strength I needed to recover. the support was just amazing and I could not of done it with out you. plus all the ideal I got to learn to do things in a new way which could be done with this new body. there is just too many of you to list by name. so I say thanks to all of you.

now to the makers..please find away to set this up as a history of post for ppl to acces in the future. this is important for two reason. we all need to look back from time to time to see where we were, and where we are now..sort of like a diray. I can not say how helpful that is, and if all my post just go away all that grate info is lost. also someone may present to the group and at that moment there is no one around who has the same situation as them so they may not relate to present post, but would fine the answers they need in past post.

what is here is past post is so much good info that should be keeped for future research for books and articals on how to best revcover. you have soooo much good info here, plz do not just toss it. plz find a way to save it some how

again, thanks for all the time you picked me up when I was down, showed me a different way to do something, to let my voice be heard when I was frustrated wit the recovery..we all need to vent some times. each of you with your stories and your support has helped to make me as strong as I am today..THANKS I will never for get you and all you have done for me. I hope to see you in the new place. and I hope all the good info here is saved some how

advertisement

Comments

• Xrobynx - I am so glad you wrote this. I followed your journey and Wllady 's journey closely and think of both of you often. Sadly many of your posts as well as Wllady's are already missing as are ALL of mine. This is a great loss. I will miss this Forum terribly as I will not be making the move to FB. But before this all goes away can you share how you are feeling these days? I hope you continue to improve and have pain free days ahead.

~Sandi

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

To both of you, thank you for all you have given to others on this forum. You both came running when I asked for your help with a new member who was just starting their journey, scared. You always gave hope and good advice. I still talk to WLLady, she is doing good. But was also sad to see the forum go. 

May you both continue to heal and have pain free days. I will miss you both!!
    Sandra

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 338

xrobynx, I agree with you that I hope the powers that be maintain the years of information on this site. It would be a travesty to lose all the great information people have shared over the years. I have learned a lot from others and I continue to use this site to research various topics. The information shared over the years is invaluable and would be useful for a  long time to come.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,720

At the top of the page is the statement that the forum is closing, which was posted on Sept.1. Below is a copy about discussion threads and information. I have been taking screen shots of what I thought was important.

Will discussion threads be available after September 30, 2020?

No. All forum discussions and posts will be permanently removed on September 30, 2020. This information will no longer be available. We encourage members to review past discussion threads and save important information prior to the Forum removal on September 30, 2020.

Sandra

• I am now mostly pain free. The occasional pains I have now are from the stiffness caused by the surgery and some nerve pain. A little from the surgery and a little from the gillian barr.  I was getting stronger till the pandemic hit, not going to the gym 3 times a week is causing some set backs. I was just starting to do more cardio when I got the gillian barr.  Then again was just starting back at it when the pandemic hit.  So my lungs are still weak. I get short of breath walking up the steps. Or doing landscaping where I need to get up and down alot.. the lungs might not ever come back.

I really am hopeful that this pandemic will end at some point and I can get back to the gym..right now I need to be careful because dad is 87 and going down hill. Life is full of challenges and I know I will never give up on trying to make the best me I can. I hope all give a quick update on how you are doing but the 25th sense can all read it quick.  So sorry to hear there is no way to save all this grate info, such a loss that will take years to recover, and some faces may be lost forever.  I am not sure what to even look for on face book and, well not a fan so not sure how much I will be there. 

I am so sad to know there is mo way I will ever hear from some of you again. Plz know you all have touched my heart and I will never forget your kindness and how much help you were to me in my time of need. 

• advertisement

• Xrobynx

I too read your whole story - heck after my double whammy back surgeries I couldn’t concentrate enough to write for a few months, but I read just about everyone’s history   That’s actually what this forum was for you, me and a lot of people who all cared enough to read up on others, it was like a empathetic diary of something we all shared, our spine and the pains we’ve been through   It gave us all a place where we could go, kinda like the Cheers bar   Everyone knows your name  even though I’ve read nearly everyone’s story i couldn’t remember names and things but I knew how to find them on this site.  Sandra and her directions to the search button ! I can’t imagine also going through GBS after all the scoliosis related issues it’s so much to bear for you but it’s wonderful to hear you are pain free .... almost.

The pandemic really derailed everything, not a soul on this earth (except those living or researching in Antarctica) was unaffected.  I pray for the loved ones of those 200K so far, and for those who have been sickened and will have lasting COVID disabilities for which treatments have only just begun to be understood.  But most of all I pray for our children.  

Bless you all

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.