advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Dr. just recommended facet rhizotomy

Comments

• Jade, if you have any questions, please ask because I just had it done about a month ago. We might be able to help you with questions to ask your Dr.

It has been 4.5 weeks and I am still not feeling the relief that I feel like I should be feeling. They say it takes some people up to 6 weeks to feel it, so I hope I feel it soon!!

Let us know what you plan on doing.
  • badback- Hopefully the relief will kick in soon. I wonder what the absolute longest time frame is to wait to know if it worked? I guess that I will wait till all the holidays are over.... :SS jade
  • advertisement
  • Well I'm past 6 weeks now and no relief. I'm on a TENS unit and still having to take Valium & Vicodin. Not sure the TENS unit is doing much (or the Valium for that matter) as I never did have any muscle spasms. The Vicodin does help on the pain and that with Valium allows me to sleep although I do regularly wake up when I roll over. The TENS feels great though so that's something. I'm pretty discouraged as I'm still waiting for improvement. :( :W
  • Hello all!

Glad I finally found a site that seems helpful. I have suffering with severe back pain since June. Initially my doc told me that it was my SI joint. TOld me to take it easy and gave me some pain pills and muscle relaxers. Pain never went away and it kept feeling like it wanted to "lock-up" when I moved - especially geting in and out of a car or going from sitting to standing. Sent me to PT for 3 month - that did absolutly nothing except cost me alot of money. During PT sent me for an MRI - it showed herniated disks from L3 down and narrowing of the facet joint, degenerative disk disease, arthirits. Neurologist finally sent me to a pain management doc. I have 2 injections(epidural, facet and SI) - helped a small amount so they did a Rhizotomy on December 19th. I am now in more pain that I was before. I am depressed and frustated. Do you think I need to give the Rhizotomy more time to work. They told me that fusion is my next step and that scares me to death! Help!!
  • Gypsygirl,
    They told me it would take about 4-6 weeks to feel relief... if they are going to work. Hopefully yours will kick in soon! Try not to think about the next step or you could drive yourself crazy. Remember to keep icing your back to help with the pain from the rhizotomoy.
    I know how frustrated you are and I am sure there are a lot of people on this site that feel the same frustration that you feel. Just try and stay positive.....
  • advertisement
  • Gypsygirl,
    They told me it would take about 4-6 weeks to feel relief... if they are going to work. Hopefully yours will kick in soon! Try not to think about the next step or you could drive yourself crazy. Remember to keep icing your back to help with the pain from the rhizotomoy.
    I know how frustrated you are and I am sure there are a lot of people on this site that feel the same frustration that you feel. Just try and stay positive.....
  • I am post-rhizo 5 months and am in worse pain than I was before I had it done. Cervical fusion c4-5,5-6 six years ago began hurting so pain mgmt. doctor did rhizo.

Lost my job and am taking oxy and hyrdrocodone as well as Lyrica. Can't sit/stand for more than an hour.

Will it eventually get better?
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.