advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Chiropractor after Lumbar Fusion???

Comments

• I just found the link here last night on piriformis stretches and did some today. They give you a good stretch.I hope you don't go back to work too early. I know 12 hour shifts are long. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Cali:

Did you ever ask your doctor if you should use the chiropractor? I hope you feel better.

Ellen
  • advertisement
  • I have not asked my OS about chiro, as at this point I have no desire to see one, however I asked him about massage. He said if I go to one,make sure she does not touch my surgery site at all.

As far as the piriformis streches, I just started PT this week (5 1/2 months after fusion) and I got a list of exercises I have to do daily, including two versions of piriformis. I guess it must be good for us, as long as our body is straight and not twisted.

Kin
  • Ellen, Charry, and Kin: Thanks for the posts. I got permission from my NS to get massage since 6 weeks and at my 8 week checkup he said chiro was okay, just nothing to the low back. Unfortunately I feel like my upper back is out again, woke up with a huge headache. I had been going to the YMCA doing my pool therapy routine since 4 weeks (except is was broken the last 2 weeks) including a piriformis stretch, now that I think about it. These never bothered me. Now my PT exercises have my SI joints screaming. I just keep icing and stretching, hoping it gets better soon. I had hoped to return to work 10/27, I am written off through 11/4. And now I don't know if that is even realistic. I have to decide next week and call my surgeon for a note. >:D< Sue

• Hi Everyone, I am seriously considering going to my chiropractor (if he is even willing to treat me) for upper back and neck pain. My neck has been killing me for 2 months, since my lumbar fusion, I blame it on lying in bed with this laptop, LOL! But now my upper back is dying off as well, possibly related to weaning out of my TLSO. My NS said I can get my neck adjusted, not my back for 9 months at least. Well, I never want a chiro to touch my lumbar spine, but oh my if I could get someone to pop my upper back/lower neck it would be wonderful. Have any of you had chiropractic treatment after surgery. It is a totally different area than my surgical area, but I am still hesitant, but miserable :(. I am getting massage every 2 weeks, only helps for the day, and then back to this again. My YMCA therapy pool is broken, so missing out on that soothing treatment as well. And my new PT is making my low back hurt in the SI joints. Missing my Chiro, but probably a bad idea, huh? :?

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.