advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Ways to Enjoy Your MRI

Comments

• What I hate is being in the tube and having the contrast make me feel like I have to pee 40 gallons of hot urine. :T

Jackie
  • i hate those machnes, its even harder for a dog to fit in machine
  • advertisement
  • To see if your suggestions work. I have my 9th or 100th MRI scheduled for my cervical spine here soon. I feel like *I* should be the technician by now.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I just had another MRI w/contrast last week.
    dilauro said:

1 Take some of your pain meds or muscle relaxers PRIOR to going in.
    I still have some Darvocets left so I took one on my way over to the hospital. That did help.
    dilauro said:

4 Scratch all possible parts of your body that will somehow itch inside the tube (This is always a problem, you prepare yourself, you convince yourself that you will not itch. Problem is shortly after inside of the tube, you know you were lying to yourself)
    Yeah I forgot to do this. My nose started to itch. When the tech pulled me out do contrast and asked if i was ok. I said no, my nose is itching. He actually got a small towel and scratched my nose and laughed.

They let you pick from a menu of CDs they have and play one for you. I always pick rock. There is no way I'm going to fall asleep inside that monstrosity. So I might as well rock on dude!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • Once I chilled out in the MRI tube I couldn't help putting mmusical tunes to the drum beats, even if it just seemed like a cat singing a song!! It feels like forever in those things and any way you can occupy youself, so much the better.
  • in fact the last one I had, I woke myself up from the noise of me snoring, over the noise of the machine!!! LOL, all I could think was omg, could the tech hear me??!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Thanks Ron That did make me laugh, of course I needed it 2 months ago when I had the worst MRI ever, I was not allowed to take anything for pain, from the time I laid down till the time I got up I was crying in pain, couldnt get legs comfy, then I moved and she had to start again, when it was finished I couldnt get off the table, they had to get someone else to help me off, I had a thirty minute break and went to get a EMG done which just happens to be another nasty test, and again had to lie down, couldnt get up finally the tests were done and I took my meds before leaving the xray dept. I would never wish that on anyone , nor would I like to repeat it. But next time I will surely be prepared. Thanks
  • I've only had one and it didn't have contrast. It was the most painful, horrific thing ever. Laying on my back was the most painful position there was. Tender section of lumbar area was smoshed on the hard plastic. Lucky I got it done in one take. Hoping there is never another need for one but now I know the key is pain killers. I had the headphones on but the machine was so loud I couldn't hear the music. I'm told if you ask your doctor they may order a sedative before the MRI like valium to help relax you.
  • for this post the other day!! I'm going for both a brain and lumbar MRI next week, all at once. Although MRIs have never really bothered me, claustrophobically, I've never been totally immersed either, just up to eye level. So, if I do start to panic a little, I'll just think of this post and have a good chuckle... Thanks Ron!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.