advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Why is my scar twice as long?

Comments

• Sounds like a skilled surgeon and good genetics were on your side. And you go ahead and wear that bikini!!!
  • I was told for my fusion I'd have 4 half inch incisions on my back, they were going to attempt to just put the screws in without opening up all the way... But I ended up with two 1" incisions, and two 3" diagonal in incisions. But I knew about the 6 inch one on my stomach beforehand. My skin heals horribly. It stays really red and forms a lot of scar tissue. But whatever, right? I don't mind scars at ALL. In fact, I kind of like them for some odd reason. Lol.
  • advertisement
  • I too have a 6" incision for a one level fusion at L5-S1. When I asked my ns about it, he said it was because he had to go so deep. He said his assistant was the one who actually closed up the incison, and he did an awesome job. 8> They had to cut right down the middle of my tattoo for my surgery and when they closed it up they did a super job of lining it back up! #:S So that also means that my scar will not be noticeable. ;) I'm like most of you in the feeling that the scars are my battle scars and I have won. <:P
Sign In or Join Us to comment.