Just a thought for a Good News thread.
While out on my afternoon walk, I once again went down my list of personal goals for the coming year. I think that setting achievable goals can help in one’s recovery.
Of course, reality steps in every one and awhile and cause delays and some set back.
Here’s a list of personal goal that I would like to achieve within the next 6 months.
(Post on the fridge!)
Please add yours and check back later with your update.
1) To be able to SIT DOWN for Thanksgivings Day dinner at my SIL.
2) Feel secure enough to rake some leaves that same weekend.
3) Get my trailer winterized.
4) Take my wife and son out to a fancy sit down restaurant, the kind where you order off a menu by name not by number and they bring the food right to your table. No trays!
5) To be completely off any kind of pain killers by Christmas Day.
6) Attend “First Night” in Boston 12/31/2008