advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neck Pain/Headaches

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    Hello everyone. They've scheduled my ns appt. for tomorrow and I kind of dread it not knowing what they'll say. Wish me luck ok?
  • We are all there with you Sunny. Let us know how you get on please :SS
  • advertisement
    Ok. I'll try to get this straight. She said that I have a spur that is distorting a nerve at C4-5, a spur and herniated disc at C5-6 and somewhat at C6-7 and a lot of arthritis. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember or understand. Maybe it'll come to me. Also that I have a hemangioma in the left L4 posterior facets?? I have an appt. for a myelogram Tuesday :SS . Any thoughts or ideas about these results? I admit I am ignorant when it comes to medical terms. Thank you all for listening.
    Debbie
  • sunny1966 said:
    Had my neuro appt this morning. Forgot my list of questions, also forgot most of them while there! So much for that.
    That's almost funny! No, it is funny.
    Been there, done that.
    As long as he understood your symptoms it may be OK anyway.
    I also make lists and leave them at home, or forget to get them out. Now I rehearse my questions beforehand until they sink in.
    Spongy brains are a worry.

Peter, do you know me from somewhere?? The reason I ask is that only those who know me lately know about the spongy brain! :))( We must have something in common! Hey I'm not that bad...well maybe...but I wrote down everything I could think of an took it to my ns yesterday and just handed it to her! She said she wished everyone would do that. So there...lol Thanks Peter you made me smile this morning.
    Debbie :D
  • advertisement
  • Hi Sunny, I'm not sure if I have the bone spurs like you , but when I get my x-ray results I may be able to compare notes.
    My 2002 x-rays showed thinned facet joints and arthritis, plus a few other minor things that I can't remember. None of it good!
    Anyway, I had to stop working because of the neck and shoulder pain which was caused and aggravated by using the computer mouse. Driving to work didn't help either.
    Now i get facet joint injections to C7-6-5, both sides. this usually gives me about 6 weeks of partial relief.
    Sleeping is a big problem as when I am sore I will wake every 10 minutes or so, even though the pain isn't bad.
    Dreaming just doesn't occur as I'm not asleep long enough.
    This then leads to brain fog and lack of motivation.
    I now take melatonin each night, and that does seem to help.
    I will also take a muscle relaxant on those really bad, sleepless nights and this also helps me sleep when the melatonin isn't enough.
    Each night is a challenge. I'm starting to take a bit more medication now so that I can get some sleep and function during the day. I've always tried to do without or take minimal doses, but have realised now that my pain is not going to go away and I just have to medicate to live my life.
    The pain type and the level varies all of the time. It can come and go in a flash. That makes it hard to work out what to take.
    But if I let it go and can get really bad and much harder to get on top of.
    So now I take medication at the first sign.
    Check your pillow too as your neck is very affected by it. Can be too high, too low, too hard or too soft. Usually 2 or 3 nights will let you know if a different one is OK.
    Try some muscle relaxants as they can be really helpful for headaches.
  • I have had neck pain for at least 3 years. I had a C5-C6 fusion and disc replacement ARDF in December 2006. I still live in chronic pain. Workman's Comp cut me off of all my pain meds. I am now on 2 blood pressure meds to keep my pressure down from stroke stage. The pain is horrible and drives up my pressure. I am averaging at least 1 migraine a week and have been going to my local ER for help because my migraine medicine isn't working. I have had to go to the ER 3 weeks in a row. Twice for headaches and once for a hypertensive crisis. Does anyone have any suggestions? I see my lawyer Monday but he is not moving fast enough for me. I am an RN and got hurt by a combative patient after returning to work after my surgery. It happened on my third day back at work. Ironic huh? I need help and a way to ease the pain. I would welcome any suggestions.
    Sorry you're having so much pain. I understand headaches! I really feel for you and hope you get some help soon.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.