advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

walking to get rid of pain??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,002
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I had laminectomy surgery (L5-S1) last May and walked after surgery. However, now, I guess I feel that because my job requires walking (daycare), I don't need to do it other than during my job. I exercise during the kids' nap time, but I'm still in a lot of pain. My exercises are tailored toward avoiding injuring myself again of course; I just haven't included a regimen of walking daily into my program.

What I'm wondering is... if I started up walking every day, is there a chance it could lessen my leg pain? Would it possibly loosen up some of the scarring back there? Supposedly there's no re-herniation, but there is some scar tissue from surgery. When I walk in the store, I can feel it pulling a little (my nerve).

csp
advertisement

Comments

• I think that walking really helps.I to have a job that I spend 10-12 hours walking and on my feet.( I work for Walmart) I try to rest on my days off but it seems to me that I fill better when I am at work and moveing.
  • I have found that walking definitely gets rid of my leg pain. The more I sit or lay in bed the worse it gets. I am fine if I go for a walk first thing in the morning. B)
  • advertisement
  • Now that's an idea. Maybe I should get my b... out of bed and walk. I just am so tired in the morniing.

csp
  • personally I have trouble walking...balance co-ordination and effort all makes it a mammoth task although I do a walk every day.

But I do know that moving around is better for me than any static position, bed, chair (lol! - I wish), car, standing....

The floor has to be flat tho, or I do a really good impression of a drunk!
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.