advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Why all the restrictions on scs permant vs trial

Comments

• Thanks guys for that info.
    Pain is very bad today, so bad I had a cold cornbread muffin for breakfast! :(
    I will let my pain Doc know i want to go ahead with the SCS trial and prey it works.Keep your fingers crossed.
    The pain Doc has let me know he will not write a script for the Oxycodone I am on now.Seesh...Dang, it is the only thing I can take!! I can't take Lyrica or anything like it. Very bad reaction.
    Thanks for the tip on "Home Health" care. I had not thought of that.
    I have low back pain that meds do not touch. It will be interesting to see if the SCS help it. :?
    Now i am heading to my compfey chair, prop my feet up and hope the day gets better.
    Best to all....
    Hugssssss >:D<
    Patsy W.
  • BotzBotz Central FloridaPosts: 223
    I had my permanent implant on 4/3. I love my SCS. My pain is very well controlled.
    Every thing has been going very well. Feeling better and trying to hold back has been hell. I can’t reach anything. Keeping from bending is difficult. Reaching is a normal reflex. Try normal things like taking off your shirt without lifting your arms above your head. My luck the one thing I can’t control got me.

I seem to sleep very well so I can shut off the stimulator at night. Saturday night I turned it off and went to bed, everything was fine. Got up Sunday morning my leg pain started in so I turned on my SCS and bam! I had painful stimulation in my ribs. I ran thru all of the programs I have and nothing helped. I panicked all day Easter Sunday. First thing this morning I called my rep and met her an hour later at my Dr’s office. She successfully modified my programs. RELIEF again!
    Apparently one of my leads must have shifted during the night. Almost impossible but be very careful when you roll in bed.

Diligence is definitely needed to comply with all the restrictions.
    Art
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.