advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Still in alot of pain 4 1/2 months after crush injury.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,008
Hello to all you good people on this site. I have talked to you before, at the beginning of my ordeal here and I got some good info from you. I am hoping to find some more help from you. My accident happened on November 18, 2008. I was on a stand up forklift when the brakes failed on me. I slammed into a wall and metal shelf. Needless to say I was crushed in between the forklift and the wall/metal shelf. I fractured my pelvic in 2 spots, broke some ribs and later on found out through a nerve conduction test that I had moderate radiculopothy/sciatica. I have been treating with an orthopedic from the beginning and just last week he discharged me from him as my fractures have healed. He has referred me to a neurologist, whom I see tomorrow.Since this is a work related injury I am terrified that the doctor workers comp is sending me to, is going to try to find any reason to say I don't need treatment. I just have heard horror stories from others, about doctors working in tandem with insurance companies. I am in real pain. I can only describe it as, it feels like I have been kicked in the buttocks, I genuinelly feel pain all the time, but there are time when, the only way to describe it is like being hit by lightning in my buttocks which travels all the way down to my foot via the back of my thigh and calf. I just don't want to be tripped up by this doctor tomorrow. I need to get fixed up. I need to know how to talk to this neurologist so that he know's I know what I'm talking about. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help and for reading this post.
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks for the info. I don't know why either. The whole thing stinks to me. I will look up the site you linked to. Take care.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.