advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PAINFUL DDD, 35 years old, Dr. says no to fusion.

Comments

• I echo the other posts who suggest you should fire this doctor and seek another opinion.
  • Interesting that your doctor will not perform a fusion because he feels you're too young.

My first fusion was at the tender age of 13. I had a multi-level fusion and the insertion of a Harrington rod as treatment for scoliosis.
  • advertisement
  • I am 56 years old and am suffering from severe DDD pain. My 3 discs are moderately DDD and are bulging. I'm in terrible pain most of the day. It started a year ago and the pain is getting progressively worse. I've tried a series of epidurals, PT, water therapy, acupunctor, and a chiroprator and nothing has worked. I've had a couple opinions from orthopedic doctors, and they don't recommend surgery. Doctors will not operate on DDD. Maybe because of the previous surgeries have failed with DDD.
    I can certainly empathize with you. I am rcurrently using a TENS unit, that was recommmended by my chiroparator. The TENS unit helps certain types of pain. They're portable and easy to use. Techology is getting better with new procedures for back pain. I just wish they would hurry up!
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.