advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Still having pain after surgery

Comments

• I have been following your posts and have the following advice.

1. No matter how much you like your current doctor and his staff, I would dismiss them and look for another team that is more responsive and considerate to you as a patient.

2. I would learn all of the details of your current medical coverage and get personally involved with the process. Let them know that YOU are the project leader and THEY are the resources. From experience, most surgical approvals take no more than a couple of days. If the doctor's staff is telling you that "they are waiting on the insurance company", I would call the insurance company and start asking questions.

BE SURE TO DOCUMENT ALL CONVERSATIONS.

This includes who you spoke with, when, the topic, etc.
    The old phrase, "Get all the liars in the same room" sounds applicable here.

Trust me, this approach although awkward and outside of most people's comfort zone, is the best one to take.

Insurance companies are sometimes ruthless, but one thing is for certain - they follow the contracts. Learn what that contract is and make everyone play by the rules. Make sure your doctor isn't basing your treatment around your insurance policy.

In summary - YOU need to be in total control of your situation.

Good luck to you and your family - and may GOD bless you and be part of your daily treatment plan.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.