advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

When it rains.............

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
Well, my neck pain is acting up. My elbow doesn't want to bend and my fingers on my left hand are numb/tingling. It's raining. That probably explains it. My lower back or butt pain is getting worse everyday. I can't sit much. I can't walk far without the pain going down the front of my legs and in my knees. Not below the knee. I have to stop and bend over with my hands on my knees and it'll ease up until I walk farther then do the same again. Does anyone else have pain like this? It doesn't sound like sciatica does it? I take the muscle relaxers and tramadol so often they don't even help as much as they did before. I guess I'm just whining to you all. Sorry. Like I said, rainy day. I hope you understand.

Debbie
advertisement

Comments

• Awww. Wish there was something I could do for you.

Maybe a soak in a nice hot/warm tub? My preference is the shower. I can never take just a quick shower. I'll stay in there til there's no more hot water!

I hope you feel better soon. Sun's gotta come out sometime!

Jeaux
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    I had the hot shower. Can't sit or lie in the tub. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I also know that won't get me anywhere. You're right, the sun will shine soon. I just wish I could say my pain will go away soon but I don't think it's going to. Uh oh, there I go again.
    I hope you're having a good day. Thanks for the reply and for 'listening'. I don't want to complain to my husband when he comes home from work.

Debbie
  • advertisement
  • when it rains = I feel suicidal

this world is for healthy people...
  • See my signature!
    Even with the SCS up and running it does not cover my back pain on a rainy day. Yesterday and this morning
    SUCKED!

Hope we feel better soon!
    Sorry you're having a bad day. I guess we can't expect the sun to shine all the time...still, I complain. The sun is shining today but I'm not feeling it. Ah well......
    Hope you feel better soon.

Debbie
  • advertisement
  • dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,303
    Debbie,sorry to hear that you are really uncomfortable right now.
    Dealing with spinal problems, you sometimes never know where its going to hurt next.
    Yes, I agree what you are describing doesnt sound like sciatic.. especially since it stops at your knees.
    Could this be scar tissue related, could be muscluar, or like many said... the weather does play a big role in how we feel.
    Some people feel the strong negative effects of bad weather, while so many of us feel the emotional negative effects.
    Lets hope for some sun for a chance.
    Hopefully that will lift the spirits and take away some of your pain.
    Take Care....
    I've just been thinking...dangerous I know. Really though. If cervical spine problems can cause bowel and urinary problems, could it cause buttock/tailbone and leg pain also? Just trying to find a reason for this. Thanks for all the help.

Debbie
  • this world is for healthy people..not soo true...look into Genesis 2:21...God putting Adam into a deep sleep prior to extracting one of his ribs. God knew there would be a need for such deep sleeps or today's anaesthesia...for the unhealthy...take pride in your hangups because it makes you YOU #1 JKDE302!
  • sunny1966 yes i use to get a sharp pain in my buttox/leg when i had to Pee...
  • aspiringnavy said:
    this world is for healthy people..not soo true...look into Genesis 2:21...God putting Adam into a deep sleep prior to extracting one of his ribs. God knew there would be a need for such deep sleeps or today's anaesthesia...for the unhealthy...take pride in your hangups because it makes you YOU #1 JKDE302!
    I wish I felt that way....no pride in pain...but your optimism is nice...
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.