advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Spot on head painful to touch

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    Hi and thanks. I hope you're doing well after your surgery. You're right, any improvement in pain is worth it!
    How are you feeling?

Debbie
  • how old are u ? my mum is in her 80's but she had the same tenderness on her head along with headaches. we made her get her eyes tested and they referred her to hosp. amazing what they can find out from your eyes. anyway i am NOT saying u have the same thing but she had temperal artiritis not to be confused with arthritis. she has since lost the sight in one eye because of this.AGAIN dont want to frighten u but an eye check is a great tool.
    do u have any other symptoms ? she said she could see halos around things and silver flashing light.
    early detection can stop things getting worse and a long course of steriods is all that is needed to help.sorry if i have scared u, u prob NOT got this i had never heard of it and i work in the medical field
  • advertisement
    You haven't scared me. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am 42 and I had a complete eye exam a few months ago. I have borderline glaucoma so I did have a fairly extensive exam. They do say that I have plaque buildup in the arteries in my eyes...don't really understand what that is. I always had perfect vision until a couple of years ago and my doctor put me on Spiriva (for emphysema) and it seemed like I lost my vision overnight. Then after I'd argued him for three years that I didn't have emphysema he finally sent me for a pulmonary function test and I passed it with flying colors! The tech said I had no signs of emphysema! So the dr told me I could stop the med but my vision didn't improve.
    I will read up on that though. I appreciate you trying to help me figure this out. Any suggestions are welcome...and solutions!
    Thanks, Debbie
  • I've got the same kind of pain. Even have tenderness on my left eye brow & cheek bone.

Having some molars pulled soon and am hoping they are the cause of the pain. Make sure you get checked out by a dentist!

jas
  • sunny1966 said:
    Hi and thanks. I hope you're doing well after your surgery. You're right, any improvement in pain is worth it!
    How are you feeling?

Debbie
    hi debbie, Well its been 2 1/2 weeks and the surgery pain is much better. My trap muscles behind neck are still very painful. I thought i be going back to work after 2 weeks but now its 4 weeks. I sleep a lot and swim a lot. Anything else that gets done is a mystery each day. I do very little and read on this forum a lot. Thanks for asking!
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • advertisement
    It usually takes longer than planned doesn't it? Take it easy and don't rush it. Is it normal for those muscles to be like that after surgery? I'm sure it'll just take time.
    I see that you had a bunionectomy too. I had a bunionectomy and osteotomy in 06 and the hardware and a mortons neuroma removed in 07. It's not as easy as it sounds is it?
    Debbie
    I've been wondering if it could be connected to some molars that I had pulled in Feburary. It doesn't seem like it though. I know I have had dental problems that caused headaches. I hope having yours removed will take care of your pain. Yesterday I did a lot of bending over trimming some shrubs and my head would throb in that spot but so far this morning it doesn't hurt as much to touch. Hope it stays that way. Who knows??
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Debbie
  • Neither surgery was easy. Today was a rough day I am very sore from all the swimming. I am exhausted too. My doctor says rome wasn't built in a day lol when I get impatient. I suppose he is right on this one.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    I know how it is though. I'm a very impatient patient too. Cause myself a lot of pain by being stubborn..or thats what my family tells me. I hope you don't overdo it too much. Take care and have a nice day.
  • Thanks sunny. I will not over do it, I havent even got dressed today. I have this fatigue feeling and I am really stiff and spasms are intense. I think I'll find a movie to watch so I'll stay out of trouble.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.