advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Claudication

jasrojjasro Posts: 223
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
Claudication has become confusing to me. The discomfort I've felt with it since childhood has always been from walking or standing too long. It used to always start with the lower part of my back getting that "tight band" feeling then slowly leak into my legs. Always managed fine by sitting down for a while. But..isn't there always a but??

Now, I don't need to walk or stand for the tight band in my lower back OR in my legs. I just kind'a open my eyeballs in the morning and it's THERE. My legs feel like I've wrapped dental floss around the tops of them...you know that "cut off the circulation" feeling that just keeps getting worse the longer you squeeze it? My legs don't hurt as intensely as THAT...but it's the same kind of pain. The concerning part is that my legs feel weak...like I just got out of a real long soak in a hot tub. There's
obvious strength in my legs - they just "feel" weak.

This has been crappy like this for about two weeks now. I don't dare walk the grocery store because I'm scared to "start out" walking this bad. Hmmm...what would happen if I tried? Anybody know? Or relate? :|

Thanks.
jasro
advertisement

Comments

• Okay. I'm digesting what you said. I've learned that anything that lasts two weeks is gonna stay. Unlike the other weirdo crap we experience.

So, what did you do? What happened to you next? After those three years? The PLIF? 100 feet? Crap. That sucks.

No - this "uncomfortableness" doesn't go away when I sit anymore. It's such a strained feeling...like I've been walking or standing for a long time. I don't understand it. Don't even know what to measure it against...to google it. Wouldn't want to explore how long I can walk without someone with me. Afraid to even stretch stuff out...but am doing so anyways. Should I just rest it? Keep trying to stretch it out? Muscle relaxers don't work.

Did this come on you this fast? Did you get a walker or something? How did you deal with it for three years?

thank you, gwennie.
    jas

• gwennie...

no "diagnosis" after recent mri's. he just said," your lumbar discs look real healthy and the kyphosis in your neck may cause you pain". laughed all the way outta there. i mean, "whatever".

thanks for sharing your experience with me. sounds as frustrating as mine and everyone else's. i sure wouldn't want to be a doc...if consistency is this hard to define.

jas

• advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.