I am scheduled for a lam with fusion on my L4-L5. I have daily pain and know I need the surgery to function. However, I have been told many different things about the surgery and have questions. Please excuse the formality, just really looking for answers. txs
1. How long is the recovery process?
2. When were u able to drive?
3. When were u able to perform normal household fuctions such as laundry, cleaning etc?
4. Are you able to lift any weight after surgery or are you restricted? if so, for how long?
5. What are the lifetime changes the surgery will happen?
6. After the surgery, how long until you return to normal activity such as attending college, work etc?
7. Can the fusion "be broken" if not healed correctly or have not followed the instructions such as if you lifted too much without realizing?
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE. I was just notified yesterday that I need this surgery and my back has gotten worse. I keep searching for answers but one site contradicts the other. THANK YOU!!!