advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Cervical and Lumbar Spondylosis/Stenosis Question

Laurie AnnLLaurie Ann Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:34 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I had ACDF in April 2008 and Lumbar L4/5 Fusion in August of 2008. I went to see surgeon for year checkup. I still hve pain, weakness in right arm, bursitis at times. Basically the pain didnt go away. The Surgeon decided to send me for an MRI. My question is how acurate are the MRI for finding Spondylosis/Stenosis? Could anything cause the same symptoms? When I look at the symptoms for these conditions, they read as if I wrote them, they are accurate as far as what is going on with me.
advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope they find something, I know what i am feeling!! I havent read statistics for another surgery! I think I can live with the residual pain, do I really have a choice?
  • advertisement
  • I also have Cervical Spinal Stenosis and I have right arm pain as well. I found out after having an EMG that arm pain can be caused by pressure on the radial nerve. However, I also have a torn rotator cuff on the supra spinatus tendon.
    I had a work related injury which was the original cause of all this.
    Rotator cuff tears can happen, so perhaps request that they do an arthrogram on your shoulder to rule it out. Also ask for a Neurologist to run and EMG so that they can better isolate where the pain is coming from.
    MRI's are great and all but, with the arthrogram it is so much more obvious if there is a tear or not because the joint will leak when the dye is injected.
    When they did this with me, the dye squirted out inside the area surrounding the shoulder joint.
    I have had one cervical fusion, 2 right shoulder arthroscopic surgeries, and left and right carpal tunnel surgeries.
    I currently have migraines which are hard to control.
    :) :)
Sign In or Join Us to comment.