advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Recovery after Micro Discectomy

Comments

• macapm82mmacapm82 Posts: 1
    edited 08/09/2015 - 11:12 PM
    i'm new here myself. i haven't read all comments in this thread but from the ones i have, have been helpful. thanks.

i had my microdisectomy on l5/s1 on both sides that had ruptured. i had it done on july 3rd,2015 so 5 weeks ago. i'm 33 and my fitness is average other than my back. ha

i've had back problems for about 6 and a half years since i had viral meningitis and lumbar punctures.
    the 1st one they couldn't get a reading from it was contaminated with blood, the 2nd they hit a nerve and my whole body locked and i was paralysed for frome the neck down for about 20 seconds.
    i had a 3rd in surgery and that went fine but from he 2nd onwards i had back and leg trouble.

any way back to now.

since my op 5 weeks ago:
    i've had cramps all down right leg which i didn't have before he op, pins n needles in right leg which again i never had before and the ball of my foot just behind my toes on right foot still feels like it's swollen even though it isn't. the rest has nearly gone from right leg now.

in my left leg i am still getting the same compression i did before op but a less often. i have been told as someone else has mentioned that nerves do or can take years to heal. so as long as i keep heading in the way i am i will hopefully be ok.

the other issue i have had is that an internal stich came out the wound and i didn't realise what it was and pulled it jinking it was a bit of dry skin and i felt all behind he scar pull tight. but with doing this that is when the right leg cramps stopped.

i can still feel, or think i can feel the internal stich at the bottom of the wound digging into me when i sit down. i've been told they can last for up to 60+ days to fully desolve.

has anyone else had trouble with the stiches in this way?

hope you are all recovering well.

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.