advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can Physio treatment aggrevate the sciatic nerve?

Comments

• kiwi girl,
    you sound just like me. I can not wait to excercise, swim, walk, pilates everything I never used to do and i would do anything to be able to do them. I tell my back how good I am going to be to it if it will just pull through this pain. I had a very full on session with my therapist a week ago and since then i have been flat on my back. Most of my pain is in my lower legs ankles and feet and to stand on them for even a few minutes results in agonising pain for hours. I have finally decided to get a facet joint injection which i have been avoiding since the results in this forum would indicate only very rare pain relief, but I am going to be positive. As you said if I could just get the pain down to a manageable 6 or 7 then i would be over the moon.

Good Luck we will get through it
    ally
  • Kiwigirl,
    It is always a balance in that the collective benefit of the treatment should assist with the pain and it is all dependent of what the underlying cause and symptoms are. For many this mobilisation is the first line strategy and only time will determine if this process has been more helpful than not.

Pain and especially sciatic pain restricts our mobility over time from its very nature it originates at the central spine and we may only be dealing with the symptoms rather than the origin as with any treatment one would expect the emphasis of the pain to increase, only you can compare and contrast what is reasonable and for what length of time one might expect any peak of reaction. This is a partnership and we can be expected to be encouraged and supported through this changing process.

It is always an emotional time and we all have that expectation of liveable pain levels and knowledge through this evaluating stage of what is causing this pain. We all move incrementally from one process to the next and have memory of just how difficult this stage was.

Take care and well done you.

John
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.