advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Left arm pain and tingling

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,361
    Surgeons with a USDA rating. I wish I hadn't let my neurologist send me to that particular neurosurgeon but at the time I hadn't heard all this stuff. I also didn't know that once I saw her I'd never get to see a differnt one...I didn't know it was till death do us part. The only problem is I don't want it to be 'my' death that parts us. lol Might as well laugh and then go let her practice on me evidently. It looks like if I see someone it'll have to be her.
    Hope you have better luck than I do getting help from doctors.

Debbie
  • I see the flashes of light (spots/dimonds etc) every time I wash my hair or shave my under arms. This for me has been going on for years.

I never connected the dots till now. I did tell my PCP about it a long time ago when I was having more headeaches and she thought they were migraines.... I jokinly refer to them as eye grains...

Hang Tough!

Julie
  • advertisement
  • Why won't they let you see someone else? Have you called your insurance company? Most states have a patients bill of rights which says you have the right to see a doctor that you feel comfortable with and to refuse to be treated by a doctor you do not like.

What state are you in and what insurance?
    I don't understand the problem either. I have HWHN insurance. It's a regional PPO network. The problem is with my PCP because he keeps saying my NS has to refer me because she has the records...well duh. It's not like he doesn't have them too. I've said it before but I know I'm going to have to find a new PCP. I don't know how people get second opinions!

Debbie
    I've heard that this is a symptom of migraines as well. They say that my headaches are caused by my cervical problems. Who knows? I'm kind of frustrated today, sorry.
    How are you doing? Have you got a surgery date yet?

Debbie
  • advertisement
  • Yes, I had migranes too, along with the constant pain, tingling & numbness in left arm/hand. Tried sleeping in one position only - for a year. grrrr Sometimes all the probs in the C5-6 area just made me cry, because nothing helped it. NOTHING! I was in alot of pain & aggitated as heck. Did all sorts of therapy for almost a year, every day. Saw 3 dif neurosurgeons. The 3rd one I selected because my neighbor had gone to this one & I was sick & tired of being sick & tired. I was sooooooo OVER it!!! Had surgery 5 mos ago & all healed. Very rough ride, the post op, no lie.
    Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy C5-6 & cleanup C6-7?!
    ;)
    Debbie, I am puzzled at the way your ins. co. is treating your situation.
    :?
  • I loved reading your comments. Laughed, but so true - everything you mentioned.
    =D>
  • Hi. Just my opinion..
    Debbie Let your Doc know all your symptoms.
    The white spots you see could be caused by a few different things. let Doc know what you do with the neck that makes these white spots appear.
    Mention the pain under ear even if it does go away by the time you get into see Doc.

I realize you don't like going to Doc's unless it is emergency but you don't want things to get so bad that it becomes a emergency surgery that is needed.
    Sometimes a problem in spine can stay the same and not get worse for years and years... but it also can become very bad over night.
    Hugs to you and to all... Patsy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LaceyCasswellLLaceyCasswell Posts: 1
    edited 09/16/2015 - 10:54 PM
    so it started with my lower back on the left side. then on top of that moved up, to the left side of my spine towards the upper half of my lungs, like i had a large stone in where it shouldn't have been. now even pulling my left arm to my chest it tingles, and my fingers go almost numb. it stop when i stretch my arm out. for a really long time i was moving heavy objects and i have terrible posture when i walk, though sitting isn't bad. should i be worried? how do i fix if?

no one on the spine-health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or recommendations on symptoms

please click on link for helpful information
    welcome to spine-health
    liz -spine-health moderator
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.