advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Excercises post lami and fusion

mugsmmugs Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Was wondering if anyone who has had a fusion and had difficulty w light exercies post-op? I am 3 months post lamis of L3-5 and fusion with plates and screws of L4-5.
Had a difficult post-op course in hospital w excessive bleeding, severe anemia (Ht 7.5) and respiratory arrest with a fall on 1st post-op night.

Have been attempting to gradually increase activity--walking is great and now even run the sweeper; but if i swim or do leg lifts--have left sided back pain the next
day.

It's really getting frustrating as I thought that I would be further along by now. Would appreciate feedback, thanks in advance!!
advertisement

Comments

• quess I don't have trouble w the vacuum as i do one room and rest. but you bring up some good points in the pool--i didn't realize that arm movement would effect the back so much intil the first visit to they Y. we do have a heated pool and will try that soon. you're right about the walking--can do a mile per day now. tx so much, Gwennie!! best wishes to you...mugs
Sign In or Join Us to comment.