advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Large Intervertebral disc extrusion L5-S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,002
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi All,

I am brand new to this forum and I am hoping someone can help. I just had an MRI and I am wondering if anyone has had a large left paramedian intervertebral disc extrusion at L5-S1 that effaces the thecal sac and the left S1 nerve root as well as the L5 nerve root? I also have intervertebral disc space narrowing at L5-S1 with degenerative endplate changes.

I have no idea what this means, but I have had severe pain down my left leg for the last 25 days!!! They have given me 2 epidurals and I am scheduled for a third on Thursday. So far, no relief!!!

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
advertisement

Comments

• As always Gwennie has excellent suggestions. Funny the analogies drs use: My surgeon said a disk is like a jam donut. The dough part is the hard outer bit and the jam bit is the inner part. When you have a bulge or extrusion, there is a hole in the dough part allowing the jammy part to escape and that jammy part is what presses on the nerve giving leg pains and numbness.

I do hope that the injection offers you some relief from your leg pains.
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.