advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Pain from vibrations in car

Comments

• Hi there,

From the replies you've gotten, seems like many of us hate riding and anything that moves our back and neck when we aren't expecting it. I'm right in the pileup. :) I wear my neck brace but I'm still so sore all throughout my upperback and shoulders afterwards. I can't do any trips back to back. We are contemplating a trip nearer to Christmas that's a good 5 hours one way and I'm already dreading the pain. My car has heated seats and that's a godsend.

I still have some low back pain but nothing like before my last surgery Dec. 08. Getting hardware put in to stablize my L3-L5 has made all the difference with my back pain. I still hate bumps and twisting and hurt pretty bad if I bend over trying to clean house or pick up things around the house. Luckily it lets off after a day or two.

I wanted to suggest wearing a tens unit when you are doing things that hurt the most too. A brace will help definitely cause it's holding you together and giving you stabilization. My PT said we all should be wearing a tens unit like it's a necessity item and turn it out for 20 mins. at a time once an hour. I haven't followed her suggestion just because I get the wiring all jumbled up and you feel like a doof if any of the tens unit can be seen. But I should just wear it and get over it and try it out too. LOL.

Honestly and straightforward, nothing will help degenerative disease pain. Our discs are bad thruout the spine, some worse than others, but once the cushion between the bones is gone or thin, movement at all is going to hurt us. I sometimes feel like it's a death sentence myself. But I can say that my low back fusion with hardware has helped so much with the sharp knifing pain with movement. I'm down to the achey, stiff pain down there. Now if I could get my neck to feel the same, I'd be better for awhile longer. Good luck and I feel your pain! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.