advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

December surgeries

Comments

• On the old forum we did it every month. It kind of pulled people together. It also helped discuss pre and post surgery issues. Done in a time frame that all were on a similar schedule.

It was just one user starting up the thread. There were a couple of people who just started it going for every month then people jumped in.

So leave this one as the December surgeries thread. Get people to jump in.

Good luck in December folks.

Graham
  • I will be happy to join a new thread for December surgeries. I am scheduled for a L4-L5-S1 lumbar fusion on the 15th and am scouring this forum on a daily basis to keep updated on how everyone is doing and gaining new insight to what lies ahead of me. :)
  • advertisement
  • Yasmina,

I'm having a MI TLIF this Thursday, Dec.3. Ready to get it over with. I've been in great pain today and
    was unable to get done what I needed to. I'm working
    through tomorrow....which now I feel I should have
    taken off.

I'm thrilled to read your surgery went well and you
    are home! Please keep us posted!
  • Didn't sleep too badly. Am waiting now for dh's alarm clock for him to go to work. It's on my side of the bed, which i think we're going to have to fix asap. got awake to go to the bathroom and oh did i hurt. my meds had worn off. now am just waiting for them to kick in again.

I think i may try sleeping in the recliner tomorrow night, see if it's any better.

My mom is going to take my dog to get his hair cut today. He really needs it - he's getting dingle berries every time he tries to poop. Poor little guy. I cleaned him up over the weekend, but of
    course now can't bend over to do it, so hair cut it is.

will check my temp later, woke up earlier really cold, then when I woke up this tme I was sweating bullets. I don't think I have a fever, but wll check anyway.

I took the big dressing off my neck last night and looked. my incision seems to be about an inch long. i repleaced hte dressing with a smaller one, so it doesn't feel like my whole neck it covered any more.

Used my growth stmulator last night right before bed for about 10 minutes just to check it out. Will finish the 4 hours needed today.

good luck to all of you having surgery this week. Glad we have the blessings of the admins. and I'm sure we will be a great group for support.
  • laughnsmile said:
    Yasmina,

I'm having a MI TLIF this Thursday, Dec.3. Ready to get it over with. I've been in great pain today and
    taken off.

what levels are you having done?
  • advertisement
  • laughnsmile said:
    Yasmina,

taken off.

what levels are you having done?
  • BamaCheryl said:
    I will be happy to join a new thread for December surgeries. I am scheduled for a L4-L5-S1 lumbar fusion on the 15th and am scouring this forum on a daily basis to keep updated on how everyone is doing and gaining new insight to what lies ahead of me. :)
    I'm sure you'll do well. I had PLIF L3-5 done a little over 2 years ago, so luckily (?) I can help with lumbar surgery advice also.
  • DNice said:
    but be safe. Sounds like you are already tracking what is and isn't working. Smart! Yes, percaset makes you VERY sleepy which probably isn't the worst thing b/c rest helps recovery.

I hope you have a restful (as possible) evening.
    What are you going to have done? We'll be here for you to help you through it.
  • Aviatrix36440 said:
    Yasmina,

Glad to see you are home! I was put on a bone growth stimulator (I call it my star wars necklace!!) at week 8 after my fusion showed problems. Time will tell of course. I hope it goes well for ya!! :-) Rest and get better!!!

Brenda
    You're a sweetheart. Can't wait to see you in chat again.

Star Wars necklace, I like that term, can I steal it?
  • Lew yet? He was having the same surgery as me yesterday. He was very nervous, and we helped him out in chat on Mon. evening (even tho' everyone "yelled" at me for being on line the night I had my surgery :)
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.