advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tomorrow is it...Got the name of the procedure today.. advice or comments please not really ready.

Comments

• No I don't think Sorry is the same as "No offense", but to each their own I suppose. I just think that telling someone they are rushing it and they didn't do their homework is not helpful. Perhaps they have done more homework than you think? Also, since you have been through surgery you could also give advice, which is what they were asking for in the first place.
  • I could make it right per you, by rewording it to "Sorry, But I think......"
    That would make it ok by your definition.

The OP did ask for comments as well as advice.

-----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • advertisement
  • I am not looking for an argument. I just know that if I got a reply like yours when I posted about my surgery it would make me feel upset and uneasy. I believe the OP came here for support and guidance, that's all. As someone who has been through surgery already I feel I am here to provide support and guidance, not criticize. That's all.
  • Me neither. I wasn't intending to be rude or to criticize anyone.

• I am just so ecstatic someone called me a "kid" again. Thanks Gwennie :P
  • advertisement
  • Came home the day after surgery and was reading these posts.
    Can I say something. Being a nurse, I did do alot of reseach for the last 3 years. I did not rush into this. I only started posting when I found they had a cancellation and the timing seemed right for me and my work. So I appreciated the concerns for my well-being.

The first couple of days were really hard. This is day 4 and I slept all night and am only taking some Vicodin and valium a couple times a day. Moving slowly of course and it does hurt. But I am hopeful that it will get better....I didn't get time to get the stuff suggested but I am doing great. I have had alot of support the last couple of days. I will say rolling over is very interesting..I will keep you posted as the days go on..Hope all is doing well..
    2007 ACDF C6 - C7
    2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
    2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
    2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.
  • Welcome home! I'm glad to see you're able to peek in a bit here, tells me you're doing pretty well for this stage! It's amazing you're only taking meds a couple times a day.

Post when you can, and take good care of you!

• Great to hear how well you are coping with the recovery.
    I'd love to hear more about your surgery and what your problem was.
    After Gwennie's post, I wonder if this type of surgery would be suitable for me.

Thanks Gwennie, for the information; you are very knowledgeable and I often learn a lot from your posts - keep them coming.

dilynn - keep healing!
  • dilynn said:
    I did do alot of reseach for the last 3 years. I did not rush into this.
    I apologize and stand corrected. All your posts indicate otherwise to me. Sorry. Hope you get to feeling 100% soon. O:) Sorry to you too Andrea.

• I've been checking each day to see how you came through. It's also good to hear that you had researched this quite a bit before you had the surgery. I think all of us are jaded enough that we caution everyone severely before they jump into surgery. Take the meds if you need them, but don't over do. I still occasionally need a pain pill after sitting in this dang office chair for nine hours a day. I hope to retire soon and put an end to the pain. I got the flu and was out for four days and couldn't believe how much better my back felt, even with the aches of the flu!

I hope you're feeling great soon.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.