advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

laminectomy/discectomy

Comments

• Even though I had a really rough recovery from my fusion I was able to eat solid foods immediately. I'm not sure if that was a mistake on the hospital's part or what, but it was nice. I drank a lot of water and juice though, I was soo thirsty!

I also agree with slkep2004, communicate as much as possible with your nurses, anesthesiologist, surgeon, etc. etc. etc. I told them how terrified I was and that it was my first surgery because I was absolutely terrified that my pain wouldn't be managed. Just make sure you voice your concerns to everyone, because surprisingly nurses don't always communicate well with one another.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you & you have a successful uneventful surgery :)
  • i am hoping it goes good too. it is a huge fusion but i am young , 19.
    just hope i don't get nerve damage in my right foot. cause that would be kinda hard to drive.
  • advertisement
  • Wow that is a huge surgery and I hope it all goes well for you. I'm sure they will keep your pain under control. I was on liquids for 2 days and then a light diet for 3. You probably won't feel like eating much too soon anyway.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • thank u everyone for your support. this is it. my surgery is friday morning at 730. 10 hours long my doctor claims it will be.
    7 days.
    so hopefully i will be out before the next friday. :)
    cause i am going to be in childrens hosptal still because thats where my surgeron is. their tv selection sucks. they don't carry any good channels because of kids. i mean they have a friggin satellite but they wont put on fox sports network.
    oh well i am going off topic here.
    wish me luck.
    i am gonna tell my mother to bring my laptop up when she comes up the day after. i may not be able to use it, for a couple days in depending on how i feel. and how much medicine is inside of me
  • till my surgery and i cant sleep a wink
  • advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.