advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

suggestions....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,000
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello....I'm new here...let me see if I can give ya'll a quick summary.
I'm 35....5'9"...140 lbs....I've been having back pain for serval years now...only since this past year, the pain is becoming unmanagable. my legs started going numb with sharp knife pains in them...increasingly getting worse. I tired every kind of therpary, lower back injections..nothing helped. Oh by the way, its my lower back that is the problem.
well, this past Wed. I had a 360 level 2 spinal fusion. L4,L5,& S1
They put 6 screws inside to hold everything together.
I have a couple of questions regarding healing process and the pain. I don't want to get to grafic here, so I wait to ask my questions later....
if there is anyone that can relate or help me....please let me know.
Brandi
advertisement

Comments

• Don't worry about being too graphic. Ask away!
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Please ask. Give some details b/c I think by doing that different folks may be able to relate and feel more inclined to help based on similar experience.

I have not had a fusion but folks here have been so helpful.
  • advertisement
  • I had L-3-4 spinal fusion 2 years ago,and am having L4-5 in 2 days---ask,ask,ask!
  • brandi-where in Texas are you?
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,082
    There are probably no questions we haven't heard before :-) I had an L4-S1 fusion and will help in any way I can.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • advertisement
  • I had a 2 level spinal fusion on 8/31, I will help/inform/advice any way I can, of course from personal experience only. :)
    I am also in TX Just between Dallas and Ft. Worth. In Grand Prairie. Anyone familiar with it? I am a 15 min drive from the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington.( when there is nothing going on there hahaha.
  • Hi Momma! I am northwest of Krum,which is northwest of Denton.We are about 10 miles west of Sanger===we are neighbors-relatively speaking!
  • Ask away - I had a L4/L5-L5/S1 done almost 18 mo. ago. I had Left leg sciatica and CES pre-op and bowel and medicine tolerance issues post-op. Embarrassing and horrible things to go through, so ask away.
  • I don't think there is much you can ask that would prove too graphic for us. We've all been through the icky stuff, so we know and can relate well. I had a three-level fusion 13 months ago. First from the back, then four days later through the front. Titanium rods, seven screws, titanium dowels with cadaver bone and BMP mixed with my own bone marrow. Ask away - that's what we're here for!

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.